Udacity’s Free Intro To Cloud Computing Course
Today Udacity launched a free, four-week Intro to Cloud Computing course that I have been working on for the last few months with Ami Malhoof. It’s a great course and if you are new to cloud computing, you should take it!
Ami had a really ambitious vision for this course, and I think it turned out really well. Over the course of five lessons, students:
- Learn the basics of cloud computing
- Boot a virtual machine locally
- Create Identity and Access Management (IAM) roles and policies
- Upload files to Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Launch an AWS Elastic Cloud Compute virtual server instance
- Construct an AWS Lambda serverless function
- Configure AWS API Gateway, Lambda, and S3 together to host a website
That’s a lot to accomplish in just a few weeks! And it’s free!